A Brief Interlude Between Seasons

25 Mar

Did you think I forgot about Declutter Daily?

Well, I didn’t.

I actually started my first post of season two tonight, but then I realized I wanted a new heading, and maybe a new quote up there, and maybe a new about page. Then I realized what I wanted was a bit more than I could achieve in one night, especially one night that happens to coincide with the Mad Men final season 2-hour premiere. Priorities – I have ‘em.

I know you so love seeing my stuff though.  I’ll give you a little peek at what has been leaving the house in preparation for putting our house up for sale. YES! Putting our house up for sale, is what I said!

Declutter all my stuff for a year to better fit into my small house; buy a new, bigger house to move into. That about sums it up.

Oh well, my husband is psyched that we have a lot less to pack and haul. Win. Win.

After Photo of Shelf in Garage

No before photo of course. I never really think to take pictures of my mess. Go figure.

After I Tried A Little Harder

After I Tried A Little Harder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 Responses to “A Brief Interlude Between Seasons”

1. Leena March 26, 2012 at 2:42 am #

Oh, what a change! Moving with less stuff is an excellent thing.
    Leena recently posted..Entry cleaning flowing betterMy Profile

2. Born25 March 26, 2012 at 11:40 am #

Wow! This is really a great change upon your family, twisting into huge house is good to hear from you…

3. joanna @ I Won't Be A Hoarder Too March 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Good luck selling the house! We did the same thing, trying to get rid of stuff so we could better fit in a small place, then we ended up buying something with 300 extra sqaure feet.

But you know, that extra empty space is be-uea-ti-ful! Can’t wait to see photos.
    joanna @ I Won’t Be A Hoarder Too recently posted..i can has baf towelzMy Profile

4. Courtney March 27, 2012 at 4:31 am #

I can’t wait to see the photos of your new and bigger house.
    Courtney recently posted..broadway sheet musicMy Profile

5. Brien27 March 28, 2012 at 10:15 am #

Good to know you have a new house.Hope you will have a new friendly neighbor.
    Brien27 recently posted..In the 2010 Circle of Wonders HDMy Profile

6. Liz March 28, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

It was beautiful to hear that, moving in a new home.Good Luck to you.

7. becky March 29, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

good luck with selling your house. I hope it sells quickly. We really need to move as well but we are too lazy to pack stuff (we rent and our landlord does not fix anything Im sure the roof will collapse any day now)

8. Kyla March 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

Good to hear that. Moving in a new big house. Good Luck.

9. Asia April 2, 2012 at 4:40 am #

You deserve a Hurray for moving in to a larger house. Packing things up is a hassle but after you get to step on your new home, you’d feel great.
    Asia recently posted..cheap costumesMy Profile

10. Meg Hutchinson April 5, 2012 at 6:42 am #

Hey Megan! Just responding to ya! We went to Flip Flop Farm. About 15 rows were open, so you had to work a little harder for buckets of strawberries. But, it was so worth it!

11. sandy7 April 5, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

I know the feeling, I am tempted to just buy some mass storage locally and put all the stuff I have that i cant bring myself to throw away but never use into it!
    sandy7 recently posted..Internet TV SoftwareMy Profile

12. Jo H. April 6, 2012 at 12:41 am #

Oh, I’m so glad you’re getting started again! And how exciting to be moving! Good luck selling your current home. Just think how far ahead of the game you are after decluttering for a year :)

13. becky April 6, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Hey Megan I got the pillow today Thanks I wrote about it on my thrifting blog http://beckypries.blogspot.com/2012/04/friday-finals-mar-31-april-5-and.html